Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My baby is 12!!












It's no seceret that I started my family SUPER young! But, I can honestly say that I wouldn't change a thing. It definately came with it's challenges, but the things that I have learned are irreplacable. So here I am, a 30 year old mom, with a 12 year old!!! Yes a 12 year old! I don't know who is freaking out more, me or Kyle ( okay, for sure Kyle). In the last month I have purchased bras, mascara, a dance dress, and registered for Jr. High....all for my little Kesli, who is not really so little. I watched as my baby was so excited for Young Womens and go to the temple to do baptisms for the dead and I thought of how lucky I am that of all the things that we could have done for her birthday she chose to be in the temple. The friday after her birthday we threw a little surprise party for her and invited some of her closest friends! The next week I sat in the school gym decorated for Valentines day and watched my baby dance with a BOY! I'm not exactly sure how I feel about that.......but Kyle is! I know that no matter what I do she is going to grow up. I guess that I really do feel blessed that she is such a good girl. She always gets straight A's! I have never had to ask her to do her homework or clean her room. She is a wonderful babysitter and big sister ( most of the time). I know that from here on out it is not going to get any easier, but I do look forward to what an amazing girl she will become, despite some fo the bratty moments and the drama!









19 comments:

Candis said...

I can't believe Keslie is going to be in young womens! That is crazy! I can't even imagine Caybri dancing with boys. WoW! Time has gone by so fast I still remember Keslie's adorable baby blessing pictures that you took.

Trent and Amber Whiting said...

I can't beleive she is 12! And dancing with the boy, brought so many memories back of Jr. High, where did the time go!?! You have truly raised a great girl, only the best is yet to come!

lhhadley said...

12...wow! She seems like such a sweet girl. Good job mom and dad:)

Kansas Amy said...

My baby is 12 in a few months! What a fun cake! Happy birthday to her!

Michele said...

cute cake!!

Shanna said...

kesli is amazing! i can't wait for girls camp. i'm gonna really miss you guys! maybe you can find a house by us. its just not the same without the curtis fam!

obviously, or else there wouldn't have been a russell fam.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy her because they grow up so fast.

Tinabean said...

She is so beautiful!
She is as luck as you because she has you for a mom.
Keep up the good work.

christie said...

You've got a beautiful family, congratulations on your daughter turning 12. I would love to be a young mum, but the other half is a bit reluctant!

Jajha Tundanuch said...

You're so lucky. I think maybe it's good that you and your daughter are not so far age. It will make you two more understand each other like that. And your daughter is really really good girl. =)

Wedding Diplomat said...

hi there! got your comment on my blog - your blog is so beautiful!

which photo did you mean? you are welcome to use any photos from my blog, but the photos from the post you commented on are from another website, which is sourced in my post.

Let me know how I can help!

Emily

Kenlie said...

You have a beautiful family! A daughter who is 12? Wow..I'll be 30 this summer, and I feel all grown up because I have a steady boyfriend. Ha Life would be boring if we were all the same, no?

It seems as though you consider yourself blessed, and I would have to agree. Best to you...

shelby said...

Hey Ceryl!! I am glad you found my blog and left a comment. That is crazy she is 12. Aren't we in junior high??

Caleb & Sol (www.calebandsol.com) said...

Y'all got the best looking family I've ever seen.

-Sol

Grant-Grey Guda said...

Great blog you have it is really great, I enjoyed reading some of the posts, if you're interested here is my blog of poetry.

http://thehumanicana.blogspot.com/

Sorry if this is annoying and I hope you have a great week,
Grant-Grey

The Grant Family said...

Hey Ceryl, I can't believe Kesli is 12! Time goes by so fast, Maggie got babtized a couple months ago. It makes me feel old. We need to get together. Call me

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful family. I enjoy your blog.

soulrejoice.blogspot.com

Paju said...

AAAAHH!! THE CAKE : OO I'm so jealous, I mean if I would have a cake like that when I turned to 12 I would....I dunno, something.
But congratulations to her (:::

sonika said...

So beautiful

http://www.i-am-warrenbuffett.blogspot.com