Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Happy Birthday DAD! My cute dad turned 51 May 22. I know that most people make a big deal of 50, but we really wanted to surprise him so we waited a year thinking that he would never suspect anything on his 51st birthday. We planned so carefully.......we thought. We told him we were getting together for my little niece Sidney's birthday and sent him to pick up my grandma while all the guests arrived. He just kept asking questions the nosey little butt. He did have an idea that something was up, but I don't think that he knew exactly what. I guess we surprised him a little, but it was still so fun. My cute little brother Taylor put together a video that was so awesome! My dad has several quotes that he says all the time so we hung them up all over the place, to name a few......."Lazy people have twice as much work"......"it takes no talent to hustle"...."Positive Attitude, Positive Attitude, Positive Attitude!" He has had a lot of influence on a lot of people. He has coached football & softball ever since I can remember. He coached every one of his kids. Both my sisters played comp softball and he put in so much time to help them and the team. I still hear from people all the time how much they loved him as a coach and how much he helped them. He now coaches my Kesli and her team. ( I guess he lost hope that I would ever play, I'm not so good with sports that have a ball) He really does care about all the girls and still puts in countless hours! It was fun to have a get together to tell him how much we appreciate all he has done......by the way check out that cake, I think I might be Betty Crocker...JK......oh and it's too bad who ever made that cute sign, doesn't know how to spell BIRTHDAY, wait that was me! You better believe I will never live that down!


8 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday to your dad! He is an awesome guy!! The airplane museum was so fun, Kole was sad he was at school. We will have to all get together again soon:) Hooray for summer break!

Tinabean said...

Happy Birthday to your dad!
It sounds like you all had a good time.
He sounds like the kinda guy that it's hard to put one by him. :)
THe sign!!! That's way to funny, at least it's cute!

Candis said...

I love the cake you made. Super cute! Sorry I missed the museum. I thought I had alergies but it has really turned into a cold. I still have the crappy cough.

lhhadley said...

Love the cake! I don't even know what to say about the sign, I am just laughing:) What a fun party for your dad!

Bells said...

I am pretty sure that you are way cooler than Betty Crocker. That cake is amazing. I thought you bought it, but then I had a feeling that your little creative self came up with that. Good job and I think the sign looks great! :) HE HE!

McDougal's said...

Holy cow...did you really make that cake? You never cease to amaze me!

Angie said...

That's okay. Everyone needs to have a great BIRTDAY! Also, thanks for the Studio 48 suggestion. My Tayler just started on Tuesday, and she already can't stop talking about it.

Braden said...

i can't believe how old our parents are getting!you're dad's funny. happy birthday rich!