Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I haven't been able to post any recent pictures because Kyson threw my camera down the stairs and broke it, I'm pretty happy about it. So I decided that I would post some picuturese of Christmas' past. A huge part of the fun of Christmas for me are the memories and traditions. This is Kyson with our new puppy last year. All three of of my monkeys begged for a puppy. I think that they had given up all hope of ever having one. Then we suprised them Christmas morning with our little puppy. We named him Copper. Even though he is totally naghty, we love him and he has been such a good thing for the kids. Another fun memory is a tradition we started last year doing "The Twelve Days of Christmas". Each day we focused on something different. We did random acts of service as a family, made cookies, played games, and many memory creating activities. I gave each of my kids a journal so they could write down some of the things that meant the most to them. I'm excited to get them out this year and read what they wrote. This year each of the 12 days will be focused on a blessing. This fun new tradition has made planning Christmas so much fun for mom. I also think it has really refocused our attention on what is really important during this magical time of year.
CHriSTmaS 2007- I can't believe it's been a whole year!

ChRiStMas 2006






ChRiTSmAs 2005, Kyson's first Christmas!





6 comments:

Jenn said...

That is such a cute idea! Maybe I'll steal it from ya! I can't believe how much the girls have changed just in the last couple of years! I love the Christmas page...Have a good day neighbor!

Amy said...

Your blog is darling- You are always so creative...Did you use photoshop? What a fun idea with the 12 days of Christmas!

tyandtesh said...

your blog is so cute! I love the story about him throwing the camera down the stairs! My camera has been lost for like 2 weeks and I found it in a box with flashlights and beef stew (Masen took it pretend hunting) necessary! About the prom dress thing, its a total joke! I didnt wear mine nor would I have ever! Kristy and Karah were teasing me cause I was mortified that losers were wearing theirs!

lhhadley said...

These are such cute pictures of your kids at Christmas time! I love your festive blog, I need to change mine...so cute!

McDougal's said...

Your kids are beautiful and thank you for sharing your 12 days of christmas idea...Your still unbelievable.

Bells said...

I love these pictures. I am so sorry to hear about your camera but seeing the older ones is absolutely darling. Your family is so cute. I love the pictures from your cute friend too. If she didn't have to go and have a baby she could have done mine too! :) I totally didn't even know she was pregnant it's amazing what can happen in a years time. PS you are so good at that digital scrapbooking stuff I just love your heading. :)