Monday, December 1, 2008

I love this time of year! Thanksgiving weekend was great. I talked Kyle into letting me put my tree up before Thanksgiving this year. ( We did have to take trip to Cabella's though) But, it was so worth it. I always decorate the West Point City tree the day after Thanksgiving and then come home and do my own. It really does take up the whole day! This year is was so great to come home and spend the whole day with my family. Don't get me wrong, I could do Christmas trees all day and always love it, but not as much as I loved the day we spent together. We didn't do anything fancy, just went to lunch, shopped a little and let the kids show us what they wanted Santa to bring them. Then had pizza for dinner and played Phase Ten, then watched a Christmas movie all snuggled up together in our bed. It really was such a fun day. It's amazing how such a simple day can be so fun for everyone.

5 comments:

Amy said...

How fun! I love those days too when you can really just relax and enjoy your own little family... Sorry about your little one getting sick, we'll do another GNO sometime.

twice as nice said...

You are such a cute little family I just love you all! And you are now a professional blogger and I would like a lesson.
Thanks
Kristen

lhhadley said...

I love this time of year too, it is the best! I will have to check out the WP tree. I bet it is gorgeous! Sometimes those are the best days, when you just hang:)

Bells said...

My very favorite days ever are the very simple ones too. I just love snuggling up watching movies and being close to each other nothing can compare to spending time with the family. Sounds like you had a blast. :)

McDougal's said...

I love days like this...it should be done at least once a month or week I guess. You guys are the cutest family!