Wednesday, January 21, 2009

HaPpY BiRthDaY KeSli!

Being a mom is hard work! But it also has it's rewards. I believe one of those rewards is that every once in a while every parent is entitled to a "Brag Fest" . Since my little or maybe not so little Kesli's birthday is coming up I thought I would take this oppurtunity to do just that! She is going to be 11 years old on Feb. 3! I can't believe how quickly she has grown up. She has always been such a go getter! It's always an adventure with Kesli. I have been told more that once that she is exactly like her mom (lucky kid), so I am now getting a little taste of what my mom had to deal with. She is a little OCD. Everything has to be just right. Her room is never a mess, her homework is always done the second she gets it, and she will not lose focus on something she really wants until she gets it! These are are great qualities most of the time. She is an incredible softball player (that she did not get from her mom). I love to watch her. She plays on a comp team and loves it! She is also on a comp dance team. Even when she has gone through her "tom-boy" stages she has always had a love for dance. School is one of her absolute favorites, partly because she has an awesome teacher this year that she loves. She is truley devastated if she has to miss it for any reason, especially the dentist. She is a natural leader and seems to always be "in charge". Sometimes she can be a tiny bit bossy ( okay yeah, that is like her mom) but she always gets the job done! Kesli is definately unique. She loves anything sour. Pickles are her favoite. Well, I should just say food is her favorite. The kid can eat like a grown man, yet she is still so stinkin scrawny and skinny. There are a few things that she has made very clear that she does not like, one of them being pennies. ( I know wierd) she just hates them, the smell, the look, everything. She won't touch them and if she does she gags! She loves to babysit and does a great job. She has great hair! She sometimes doesn't think it is so great when 3 pony tail holders snap during a softball game. It's super thick! When she was about 9 she grew it very long and then cut it and donated it to the Locks of Love. There are so many things I love about her, but I really think my favorite is that she is not afraid to just be her! She doesn't care to fit any mold, she just likes what she likes. She wears funky toe socks, loves lizards and frogs and lipgloss. I love my little Mitzen (she hates when I call her that in front of people) and I have been so blessed to be her mom for the last 11 years. I can't wait to see what she can accomplish in the years to come! Happy Birthday Kes!

9 comments:

McDougal's said...

Happy Birthday Kesli...hope its a good one! Isn't it fun being moms to such awesome girls!

lhhadley said...

I can't believe she is going to be 11! She sounds like a super great girl. I am with her about the OCD and the pickles. I love them and Landon can't stand to be near me when I eat them:) I hope she has a great birthday!

Brittney Hale said...

You never understand the amount of love you can have for a person until you have a child- and from that moment on, your life is truely blessed!! Your kids are beautiful- wow i cant beleive shes 11- time flys.

Kiley said...

Happy Birthday Kesli. You are such a beautiful and strong girl. I love girls who can stand up and be leaders. Keep giving your Mom hell, she totally deserves it. I can't wait until the day when you (Ceryl) throw a bag of rice cakes at her for mouthing off. Thanks for all the memories. I love you and your fam.

Amy said...

Happy Birthday to Kesli! She is a darling girl! I can't believe she is eleven, I can still remember visiting you when she was just a newborn!

Shanna said...

i love you too kesli, happy birthday!

angie said...

Kes...could you get any cuter!!! Meg and Ashie miss you and want to play again. Thanks for letting them be one of the cousins at the cabin!!! that was such a great time. Love you guys...the girls would love to get together again too...let's make a plan and let them play.

Tyson and Lori Maxfield said...

WOW I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU HAVE AN 11 YEAR OLD! THAT MAKES US SOUND SO OLD, GOOD THING WE STILL LOOK SO GOOD, HEHEHE WELL HAPPY BIRTHDAY KESLI, MY KAIMEN TURNS THREE ON FEB. 10TH, AND I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE IS ALREADY THAT OLD. I WILL PROBABLY HAVE A NERVOUSE BREAKDOWN WHEN SHE TURNS 11.

Chad and Mindy said...

Hey cutie I can't believe she is 11 She is so darn cute!!