Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's that time of year!

So my little Kemri has been home from school sick for 3 days. This is escpecially hard for a kid who absolutley loves school. When she woke up with a 102 fever and I told her "sorry, no school today" she burst into tears. It's that time of year when you can wash hands, antibacteria everything and somehow your little monkeys still end up with a yucky bug. Being sick just isn't fun. But, I will say I loved all the attention from my mom when I was little and home sick. Kemri certainly has not lacked for attention. My cute neighbor Jen brought her over a sweet little "Get Well" gift, which she loved. Kesli has been so good to get her homework at school, get her "blankie" and her "woofy" for her (yeah, she's almost nine, I'm sure she'll take them both on her Honeymoon), she even brought her home a special prize from the Birthday party she went to. Kyson is just loving having one of his sisters home. We don't ever buy soda pop, except when one of the kids is sick, so she has loved having pop. She gets to lay in mom's bed all day and watch every Christmas movie her little heart desires, eat chicken noodle soup, get special phone calls from friends and grandmas, and once the Motrin kicks in she gets some coloring time. On second thought maybe being sick isn't so bad, well for the kids. I haven't been able to get a lot of the Christmas things done that were on the list for this week, she's just too curious to stay up in bed all day, when she knows mom is wrapping presents down stairs. Hopefully she'll feel better soon, just in time for all the festivities to start.

4 comments:

Shanna said...

sad. tell her to get better quick!

lhhadley said...

I hope she is better now! Better now than being sick on Christmas.

Tyson and Lori Maxfield said...

Talk about a cute family, your family is so darling. I can't believe you and Kyle have been together for 11 years. That seems like so long. I was so glad you left a comment on my blog, even though I hardly ever get a chance to update my blog, it is nice when someone leaves a comment. I hope your family has a Merry Christmas, and that everything is going great for you. Good to hear from you Lori

Braden said...

i'm sorry you've had sick kids i hate it, we've just been through colds knock on wood that we don't get anything else this next week till christmas! also i need some cute girl names! my daughter is not going to have a name i know you told us a bunch at bear lake if you have any suggestions i'd love some!