Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas was full of fun surprises this year! One of my favorites is the surprise we got from my new sister in law Kylee (far left) and brother Jayson. My mom always gets everyone PJs on Christmas eve. When we were finished opening them, they gave my mom and dad a teeny, tiny little pair of PJs! They are due to have thier first baby around the end of Aug. And because we all know that this is just the sort of thing Jayson would do as a joke, the cute little PJs came complete with the test, showing positive, in a plastic bag of course AND a note from the doctor! We were all so excited for them! They will be great parents. However, I am warning them now that Kyle and I plan on teaching their little one all the "great" stuff that he so kindly taught our kids! Sorry Kylee... CONGRATS!

Kyson was so excited to sit on Santa's lap. He absolutley loves Santa. He even made a sleigh out of pillows and blankets and had a sack of toys that he delivered to his friends. I don't really think that Copper enjoyed being his reindeer though. The only thing he kept asking Santa for was an "Indiana Jones Whip." He must have been on the good list because Santa brought his whip. He couldn't have been happier Christmas morning. I know that any of you that have had a 3 year old boy are thinking " A whip??? for a little boy??" But rest assured that it is super soft and he has been warned MANY times to not whip his sisters, or cousins, or friends, or the dog, or basically anything that breaths. So far it's been okay......Thank goodness!


Yup, it's the real thing! When Santa asked Kemri to tug on his beard, she couldn't pass up the opportunity! She's a Believer!
Kemri asked Santa for a Nintendo DS as I sadly said goodbye to the days of babydolls. But, to my delight she did ask for a doll this year..... it just had to be a baby boy. She can stay a little girl as long as she wants to! She made sure to confirm this year what tree Santa would leave the presents under. Last year he left them downstairs instead of upstairs like he had in the past. When she woke up she was so upset to see no presents under the tree! She was relieved to see them downstairs. I guess she didn't want any confusion this year!






Even almost 11 year old Kesli had to sit on Santa's lap! She's at that age where she pretends to not want to, but we know that she really does! Kesli was very dissappointed that Santa forgot to ask her what she wanted. She just kept bringing it up even days later, which kind of surprised me, because that usually isn't the sort of thing she worries about. Then we found out why!! Santa also comes to the Christmas part on the other side of the famliy. This time he didn't forget. and her answer..........A BABY SISTER! Funny Kesli! Of course my Dad put her up to it and offered her $5. So when she didn't get the chance at the fisrt party she was all over it at the second. She got the reaction she wanted from me and then ended up with $20 from Grandpa. needless to say she was happy with that. And then she even got the digital camera she asked Santa for. I think there might have been a mix up, because both Mom and Kyson thought she was on the naughty list! Just kidding, she is a great kid.




Every Christmas my sweet Grandma works so hard on our family Christmas party. Christmas just wouldn't be the same without it! I love my cute granparents. They are such wonderful examples.

5 comments:

lhhadley said...

Such cute pics of all the kids on Santa's lap! Glad you had a great holiday:) Landon gave me photoshop for Christmas so maybe I can make my blog as cute as yours, you are like a wizard at it!

Amy said...

Congrats to Jayson and Kylee...I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas. I love the picts on Santa's lap, you have such cute kiddos:)

Shanna said...

You guys are so cute! what a fun Christmas party.

Tyson and Lori Maxfield said...

Hey so question for ya, on your layouts, how do you get such cute headers, i saw your cute layout, but not the header. just curious they always look so cute. let me know thanks Lori

Jake, Amanda and Davis said...

You have such a cute family, Ceryl! I am glad you had a nice Christmas. And I think your blog is the best.