Sunday, March 29, 2009

First Dance Competition

















Saturday was the first dance competition for both Kesli and Kemri. They did an awesome job! Both teams took 2nd place. They have loved dancing @ Studio 48 and they absolutley love their dance teacher Dallas. She has taught both of them since they were 3 years old. I am so proud of both of them. I know it is a lot of work, and they have both improved so much this past year. I was a little hesitant about letting them compete, but overall it has been a fun experience for both of them. They loved getting all dressed up to perform (exept the false eyelashes,that was fun trying to get those on!) and have truely loved everything! This might seem totally weird, but I have to give a little shout out for Studio 48. I was so impressed at how "clean" and appropriate all the moves and music were for all their teams. Unfortunately the same could not be said of some of the other teams. There are just certain songs and moves that 10 year olds should not be doing. They also try to keep the costumes as modest as possible. So if you are looking for a great dance studio, I completely recommend Studio 48, as a mom:). Thanks Dallas for running a great studio and teaching my girls so well for so many years! .....Kesli is in the top pic, right in the front middle, Kemri is the 2nd pic also in the middle but back one.

10 comments:

Michele said...

I can't wait till Nixen is old enough to dance!

Karie Coats said...

How fun! Wish I had a girl to put in dance!

Angie said...

Where is her studio? I need to find a place to put Tayler in dance, but don't know where to go.

Kylee Adam said...

I can't wait to come to one of their competitions. It'll bring me straight back to my younger years in studio dance. I'm just so glad I have cute nieces to go watch now since my dancing days are over! haha they look so cute!

Shanna said...

they are so cute! i loved competitions when i was little too, i think its a good call to let them do that. I love those girls

lhhadley said...

So fun! Did Kyle enjoy being there? He was funny when he was talking about it:)

Your blog is so cute Ceryl! I change mine, and then look at yours and realize mine is not so great:) I am learning.

Amy said...

Oh how fun! I can't wait for Kembree to do that! They are darling girls...

Candis said...

What great action shots! I also LOVE Studio 48! Caybri loves taking ballet there.

Tyson and Lori Maxfield said...

YOUR KIDS ARE SO CUTE, AND THE POOP STORY HAD ME ROLLING, IT REMINDED ME OF WHEN ZACH WAS LITTLE AND HE STILL NEEDED US TO WIPE FOR HIM, WELL HE WAS AT TYSON WORK ONE DAY AND TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA OF THE LAYOUT, THERES TYS OFFICE, THEN THE SECRETARYS FRONT DESK THEN THE BATHROOM ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE SECRETARYS DESK, WELL ALL THE SUDDEN WE HEAR, "I NEED SOMEONE TO WIPE MY BUM" "WIPE MY BUM" AND OF COURSE THE OFFICE WAS FULL OF PEOPLE, ALL LAUGHING OF COURSE. KIDS ARE GREAT!

Ashton! said...

hey this is ashton i just got a new blog and your blog is the cutest thing i have ever seen